Jeff Simon – Co-Chairman
Josh Kaplan – Co-Chairman
Shawn Lipman – Head Coach
Greg Schor-Haskin – Assistant Coach
David “Buzzy” Rudzinsky – Manager
Marc Schterbina – Coaching Development Coordinator – Backs
Norm Mottram – Coaching Development Coordinator – Forwards
Mike Smith – Director of Fitness and Conditioning – West Coast
Aaron Manheimer – Director of Fitness and Conditioning – East Coast
Please see the below checklist for things you need to do now that your official Maccabi USA application is complete.
Here are some things you need to know for the Open tryout to be held in Northbrook, IL (Suburb of Chicago) the weekend of August 31st – Sept 3rd, 2012.
- All players need to arrive at the hotel by 8pm on Friday, August 31st and should plan on booking a return flight home after 5pm on Monday. O’Hare is the closest airport to the hotel and a cab ride is about $30. We will provide arrival times so people can hook up to share a cab. If you find a cheaper fare into Midway, there is shuttle to O’Hare and then take cab. For Midway, if you have time, you can take the subway to downtown and then take a train to Northbrook where the shuttle can pick you up. Subway and train cost would total about $10.
- The hotel is Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook 2875 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Northbrook, IL 60062, 847.298.2525.
- The rooms are reserved and you will be assigned a room with another player. You be responsible for the cost of the hotel room which is $125 per person for the three nights. This includes a full breakfast each morning. Upon check-in, the front desk will have your room assignment and you will need to provide a credit card for payment for your half of the room costs.
- The field location is in Northbrook about 5 miles from the hotel. We will have the hotel shuttle buses to take us back and forth to the field and also around town.
- There will be a tryout meeting Friday at 9pm and team dinners Saturday and Sunday night. There is no cost to you for the team dinners.
- We will be having two training sessions on Saturday and Sunday. There will be one training session on Monday with a game against local competition. You must fill out the tryout waiver enclosed in order to participate.
- The tryout fee is $120. This fee covers all your expenses while you are at the trials except for hotel and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Please fill out the attached tryout fee formor call Stephanie Sorkin at the Maccabi USA office in Philadelphia to pay by credit card at 215-561- 6900 x 110. You can also send a check to Maccabi USA, all details are enclosed.Please pay the tryout fee as soon as possible and no later than August 1st. Please remember your official application to Maccabi USA must be submitted in addition to the tryout fee.
- You will receive a USA Maccabiah Rugby shirt at the tryouts. Please email your shirt size and your flight information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your total costs for attending the tryout are $245 (tryout fee plus hotel) plus your transportation to/from the Chicago and any other incidental expenses.
Feel free to contact the Maccabiah Rugby staff with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the tryout.
USA Maccabiah Rugby Program Checklist for all Players
1. Complete official Maccabiah Team USA Application and pay $40 registration feehttps://www.surveymonkey.com/s/maccabiusaapp
2. Join USA Maccabiah Rugby Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/groups/25869886633/
3. Complete Player Profile Email to email@example.com Profile is located in Docs section of Facebook Pagehttp://www.facebook.com/groups/25869886633/doc/10150576040501634/
4. Contact your Regional Director of Fitness and Conditioning
a. West Coast Mike Smith firstname.lastname@example.org, (714)-553-9226
b. East Coast Aaron Mannheimer email@example.com, (312)-731-7145
Set up your personal training program based on your needs See Docs section of facebook pagehttp://www.facebook.com/groups/25869886633/doc/10150577299001634/
5. Contact your Director of Coaching Skills
a. Forwards- -Norm Mottram, firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-841-7303 b. Backs -Marc Schterbina,email@example.com, 323-532-0669 They are available to discuss your skill development and make suggestions for drills and techniques in improving.
6. Perform your monthly Jingle Jangles Test See description in Docs section of Facebook Pagehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/25869886633/docs/ Email your time every month firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
7. Read “Road to the Gold” See Docs section of Facebook Pagehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/25869886633/doc/10150576039011634/
8. See”Spirit of the Games” See Docs section of Facebook Pagewww.facebook.com/groups/25869886633/doc/10150576042381634/
9. Trials Dates Chicago- Aug 31 to Sept 3, 2012, Be there late afternoon on 8/31 leave late 9/3
Fill out the trials payment form and submit to Maccabi USA no later than August 1st.
10. Team will be announced
11. Training will continue in earnest
12. Las Vegas or Fort Lauderdale Tournament, Tentative for February
13. Pre Games Camp, Tentative planned for Memorial weekend late May 2013
14. Leave for Maccabiah Games to win the Gold Medal July 10, 2013- Leave for “Israel Connect” in Israel July 17 to 30, 2013- Maccabiah Games, Return August 1, 2013
15. Come home with the Gold Medal!!!